Thursday, December 17, 2009

HWTJ, words i cannot bear to bother to write. yes, bear to bother



I probably won't have anything interesting to say in the ensuing paragraphs, because it can really all be summed it pretty simply: Those Jared Jewelers commercials have eaten my non-existent soul alive. Probably yours too. So if that's enough, you need not continue on.

However, might your time be ample and your curiosity insatiable, you've arrived here and will surely be disappointed. There are a laundry list of products I refuse to buy and programs I will never take part in simply because of their choices of advertising. (Kars-4-Kids, Head-On, Levi's to name a few)  Jared Jewelers falls into this category. Given, the above commercial is not the only one discussed here, I couldn't find the other... Thanks for understanding.

Number one: No girl is going to express her engagement to a friend by exclaiming "Eghhh he went to Jared!!!! Egghhhhhhh" First off- most girls, at least before the first publication of this commercial would respond promptly with a "What are you talking about bitch, who the hell is Jared? Now where'd I put my vagisil...."

Number two: How does this commercial make you WANT to buy a diamond from them? No man in his right mind would see this commercial and say "Well, looks like that's the place I'm going to buy my wife her wedding ring. I want to hear 'He went to Jared!' 1,000 times the rest of my life." This kind of amateur 'catch-phrase' advertising is generally used for 20-dollar toys, not friggin' diamonds! Augh. Don't know how else to express my disgust.

Number three: GPS systems DO NOT talk! Not mine at least.

If you like this commercial for any reason other than finding its ridiculousness to be humorous, feel free to jump off your nearest bridge. ;-) Or just don't ever mention it to me. Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment